Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Moods

Doomeritis

I’ve come down with some kind of “itis”
From dealing with doomer detritus;
It just lately appeared
And it makes me feel weird:
I guess I’ve got doomeritis.
==

My Dismal Place

Viewing this mess in totality
With unemotional neutrality
Might help us to face
What’s in doom’s dismal place
(Which BTW looks like reality).
==

Why I Am A Doomer

I tend to be kind of depressed,
But doom picks me up when I’m stressed:
Its mood’s not so fine,
But it’s better than mine,
So it gets me back feeling my best.
==

It’s Easier When You Are Old

Old age, while sometimes a curse,
Makes doom seem less strange and perverse:
Things that once worked O.K.
Get fucked up every day,
And tomorrow is looking still worse.
==

These Are The Good Old Days

Make hay while the weather is sunny,
Make jokes, and maybe some money;
‘Cause one of these days
We’ll run out of delays,
And this dying thing won’t be so funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment